[compiz] Two issues

Julian Sikorski lordzanon at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Oct 26 14:07:29 PDT 2006

Hi. I have just installed latest git vanilla compiz under fedora core 6
and I have run into two problems:
1. Metacity theme support does not work. As soon as I type in
gconftool-2 -s /apps/gwd/use_metacity_theme -t bool true
the window border disappears. I have tried it both under KDE and
Gnome with the same result. the window border can be brought back by
setting the above value back to false.
2. Default plugins. Browsing through the git repository I have noticed
that the default plugins are no longer defined in
/etc/gconf/schemas/compiz.schemas.in. The question is, how am I supposed
to define them? For now, I have opened gconf-editor and added the
plugins I want to the appropriate key, but is it the preferred method?
Thank you for the response in advance. Regards,
JS