[compiz] Compiling compiz 0.5.0 on SLED 10 SP1

Johan Kotze jkotze at novell.com
Mon Apr 9 01:00:51 PDT 2007

Dennis

I thought of that, but there are no such packages available for SLED or SuSE. It seems that all of that have been
incorporated into the xorg-devel package, but the .pc files are missing. What else can I try ?

Johan Kotze

>>> On Mon, Apr 9, 2007 at  4:48 AM, in message <1474634120.20070409094817 at yandex.ru>, "Denis F. Latypoff"
<latypoff at yandex.ru> wrote:

Hello Johan,

Monday, April 9, 2007, 2:58:50 AM, you wrote:

> Hi

> I am trying to compile compiz 0.5.0 on SLED 10 SP1. I have
> installed all the requirements as per the docs but when I run
> ./configure I get the following error:

>       checking for COMPIZ... configure: error: Package requirements
> (libpng xcomposite               xfixes
>     xdamage                        xrandr                  xinerama ice                     sm
> libstartup-notification-1.0 >= 0.7) were not met:

>      No package 'xrandr' found
>      No package 'xinerama' found
>      No package 'ice' found
>      No package 'sm' found

> The packages that it complains about are all part of xorg and all
> the xorg devel files are installed. What am I missing
> ?

There are might be required libraries installed, but no *.pc files in
the /usr/lib/pkgconfig. You should install xrandr-dev, xinerama-dev,
ice-dev and sm-dev packages

--
Best regards,
Denis Latypoff                          mailto:latypoff at yandex.ru