[compiz] [ANNOUNCE] compiz-0.4.0

Stephen Clark Stephen.Clark at seclark.us
Mon Apr 9 09:42:17 PDT 2007

Stephen Clark wrote:

>David Reveman wrote:
>

>>Changes since 0.2.2:
>>
>>* Core
>>
>>       Some stencil buffer requirements have been removed.
>>
>>       Focus stealing prevention.
>>
>>       Fragment attribute interface that allow plugins
>>       to perform more advanced fragment shading effects while
>>       integrating properly with other plugins.
>>
>>       Use composite overlay window for output by default.
>>
>>       Add file notification API.
>>
>>       Support for multiple desktops.
>>
>>       Multi-head support.
>>
>>       Edge button option has been added to action options. It can
>>       be used to require a button press for edge actions to
>>       be triggered.
>>

>>* New Plugins
>>
>>       Blur plugin:
>>
>>               Provides support for blurring windows and
>>               contents behind translucent windows.
>>
>>       Inotify plugin:
>>
>>               Implements file notification API using inotify.
>>
>>       Annotate plugin:
>>
>>               Simple plugin that allows you to draw lines, figures
>>               and text on top of all windows.
>>
>>       Clone plugin:
>>
>>               This plugin makes it possible to make one output
>>               show the same view of your desktop as another output
>>               in a very convenient way.
>>

>>* GTK
>>
>>       Window menu icon support.
>>       Metacity theme support.
>>

>>* KDE
>>
>>       KDE window decorator with support for shadows and opacity.
>>

>>'git log compiz-0.2.2..compiz-0.4.0 | git-shortlog' can be used to get a
>>complete list of changes since 0.2.2 release.
>>

>>Availability
>>
>>http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/app/compiz-0.4.0.tar.bz2
>>http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/app/compiz-0.4.0.tar.gz
>>
>>Git tag: compiz-0.4.0 (2f47eddce24303c64d278a86df07c278020acbca)
>>
>>MD5 Sums:
>>fc025bdfe04bd2bb0113741e4837a1e9  compiz-0.4.0.tar.gz
>>9d698798ae39a72142172c59b3b5be94  compiz-0.4.0.tar.bz2
>>
>>SHA1 Sums:
>>d0a5cf84bc5e814c7d564f9cffd8a137b5e95cc5  compiz-0.4.0.tar.gz
>>30da5066f164825b506c6005e5f36fd96c40dc01  compiz-0.4.0.tar.bz2
>>
>>- David

>Hello,
>
>Neither compiz-0.4.0 or compiz-0.5.0 work on my
>asus laptop with an
>intel 945gm.
>/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so
>
>X Window System Version 7.1.1
>Release Date: 12 May 2006
>
>Fedora Core 6 - updated to latest
>
>Beryl works.
>
>compiz-0.4.0
>joker4:~/compiz-0.4.0
>$ compiz --replace
>X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or
>server shutdown)
>
>compiz-0.5.0
>
>$ compiz --replace --indirect-rendering
>

>>>libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
>>>compiz: GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is not supported by indirect
>>>rendering context, trying direct rendering context instead
> [...]
Ok,

I thought this was a devel list that would be interested in feedback
about the success
or failure of releases.

Or is a person only worthy of a response to their problem reports if
they are a Novell Suse user?

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety."  (Ben Franklin)

decreases."  (Thomas Jefferson)