[compiz] Compiling compiz 0.5.0 on SLED 10 SP1

Johan Kotze jkotze at novell.com
Mon Apr 9 12:32:12 PDT 2007

JP

Thanx for the tip. I managed to get hold of the xorg-x11-compat70-devel package. I have managed to compile compiz 0.5.0,
but I am unable to get ./configure to enable the fuse and annotate plugins. The fuse plugin is the reason I want to play
with compiz 0.5.0.  I have tried --enable-fuse, --disable-fuse=no and a number of other variants, but nothing seems to
work. How do I enable the fuse plugin to be built. Below is the last part of the output from ./configure.

the following optional plugins will be compiled:
  gconf:    yes
  place:    yes
  dbus:     yes
  annotate: no
  svg:      no
  inotify:  yes
  fuse:     no

and the following optional features will be compiled:
  svg:      no
  gtk:      yes
  metacity: yes
  gnome:    yes
  kde:      no

Thanx

JK

<jpr at novell.com> wrote:

On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 09:00 +0100, Johan Kotze wrote:
> Dennis
>

> I thought of that, but there are no such packages available for SLED
> or SuSE. It seems that all of that have been incorporated into the
> xorg-devel package, but the .pc files are missing. What else can I
> try ?

SLED 10 has an older xorg (before .pc's were shipped iirc), you need to
dig up an xorg-x11-compat70-devel package.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr at novell.com>
Novell, Inc.