[compiz] Python plugin (Python API for Compiz)

Mike Dransfield mike at blueroot.co.uk
Mon Apr 9 19:25:26 PDT 2007

Here is my python loader plugin which loads plain python
scripts as full plugins.

There is not much documentation, but I have included a few
examples to get you going.

triangle - Just a basic plugin which shows a triangle on a button
press.  This shows using ctypes to pass values from compiz to the
python opengl bindings.

basiczoom - Zooms in on the screen (basically)

inactive - This is a port of my inactive plugin which I mentioned
earlier.  Its only a few lines of easy python code.

The OBJECTS file contains a brief list of each property and method.
I will try to get some proper documentation done soon.

I think most things are complete, the TODO list contains a list of
things I am aware of.  You should be able to do most things that
can be done with c plugins (without the hassle of pointers)

http://www.anykeysoftware.co.uk/compiz/plugins/python.tar.gz

Please report any bugs here or mail me offlist, there are probably
a few :)