[compiz] Fullscreen windows(videos) and Compiz

Danny Baumann dannybaumann at web.de
Tue Apr 10 14:12:38 PDT 2007

Hi,

> > Before, we always raised a window on every window state change (such as
> > enabling fullscreen mode).
> > Now, we don't raise windows on state changes.
> >
> > However, I'm not completely sure how to define what the correct
> > behaviour here is. Should we raise windows on all state changes, on
> > certain state changes or on no state changes? Opinions anyone?
> >
> > Metacity raises on maximization and fullscreen changes, I guess that's
> > why this is expected behaviour at least for former Metacity users ;-)
>
> We should at least do what my attached patch is doing. As if above,
> below or fullscreen state changed the window might have an invalid
> stacking position.
>
> I'm not sure about raising windows when maximized but as we've been
> doing that before, we should keep doing it unless we have a good reason
> not to.

Ok, given the fact that we posted two pretty similar patches independent
from each other and that the window raising on fullscreen and
maximization changes is considered desired behaviour by a number of
users, I just went ahead and pushed out your patch, extended by window
raising on a maximization change.

Regards,

Danny