[compiz] dbus introspection

Mike Dransfield mike at blueroot.co.uk
Wed Apr 11 10:29:23 PDT 2007

Travis Watkins wrote:
> On 3/18/07, Mike Dransfield <mike at blueroot.co.uk> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am just reviewing these patches now and I am getting a
>> lot of warnings from dbus when I start compiz.
>>
>> A handler is already registered for the path starting with path[0] =
>> "org"
>>
>> Do you know anything about these messages?
>>
>> I have commit access and am ready to commit them but I am not
>> sure about this error.
>>

> It's harmless. It's just because I register _all_ the plugins when the
> dbus plugin loads then also register and unregister as you add/remove
> plugins. So if dbus isn't last you'll get these messages. They don't
> hurt at all.

I have finally pushed out all of these changes, the only difference
is that I added a basic registration system to keep track of registered
plugins and not register object paths more than once.

It no longer outputs the warnings and it seems to work.  Unfortunately
I have made a bit of a mess and things will need a bit of cleaning up.  I
thought it was important to get something out so that we can all work
on it again.

If you have any problems, please let me know