[compiz] Fullscreen windows(videos) and Compiz

Danny Baumann dannybaumann at web.de
Sun Apr 22 03:20:58 PDT 2007

Hi,

>         > from each other and that the window raising on fullscreen
>         and
>         > maximization changes is considered desired behaviour by a
>         number of
>         > users, I just went ahead and pushed out your patch, extended
>         by window
>         > raising on a maximization change.
>         >
>         >
>         > Ok, given the fact that we posted two pretty similar patches
>         independent
>         thx works fine for me
>
> no it seems not... videos and native games work fine but when wine
> fails to create fullscreenwindows without having the panel on top.
> clicking on the wine screen area also does not help.
> any idea what could be the cause of this?

In that case I would suspect the Wine windows not having the fullscreen
flag properly set. Can you please provide an xprop output for that
window?
In any case, you can give the extrawm plugin from here:
http://gitweb.opencompositing.org/?p=compcomm/plugins/beryl-premerge;a=summary a try - it allows you to toggle the fullscreen flag for a window.

Regards,

Danny