[compiz] Re: Maximized windows dissappear

Jesper Andersen jespera at diku.dk
Sat Apr 28 07:33:59 PDT 2007

Replying to my own email here:

On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 09:05 +0200, Jesper Andersen wrote:
> I am using the lastest git version of compiz and just run in to a new
> problem after switching to using the ini configuration plugin over the
> gconf-one. When I maximize a window and then try to move it to another
> viewport, the cube rotates but the maximized window disappears instead
> of moving along to the new viewport. The maximized window can be found
> using the scale plugin (only on show-all action). Further, if I then try
> to unmaximize the window, the window again disappears and I have to use
> scale's show-all action. Now, however the window appears in some random
> almost out of viewport location and I have to drag it back into
> position.
>
> I do not know whether it was my switch to the ini plugin that caused
> this annoying change in behavior.

I now tried with either gconf and ini (with the same settings) and
nothing changes. However I noticed the following: whenever I move a
window with some contents below the bottom edge of the screen to another
viewport, it is immediately displaced on the new viewport so that most
of the window's content is above the top edge of the screen. How much
seems related to how much was hidden below the bottom edge before the
move (this is only when moving a window to a new viewport by
<Alt><Shift>Left/Right and similar, not for the usualy mouse-dragging of
windows and also not for windows that are beyond any other screen
edges). I have tried toggling the "Constrain y" option in the
move-plugin to no avail. I also tried changing the "detect outputs" in
the general options, also to no avail.

I am not sure when this strange behavior was introduced and I am
wondering whether I am really the only one seeing this?

Cheers,
Jesper