[compiz] Python plugin (Python API for Compiz)

Travis Watkins alleykat at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 09:47:41 PDT 2007

On 4/10/07, Mike Dransfield <mike at blueroot.co.uk> wrote:
> Removing WRAP/UNWRAP totally seems virtually impossible
> without losing a lot of functionality.  If I make them just provide
> a named method then I have to check each plugins attributes
> one by one and they would still have to call unwrap/call/wrap
> themselves during the wrapped function.  Notice how inactive
> calls the core method at a specific point, that would be hard
> to do without the wrap function.
>
> If anyone has any ideas on making wrap/unwrap less
> complicated without removing the functionality then I would
> like to hear about it :)

In this case I see no reason why you couldn't UNWRAP immediately and
WRAP at the end of the method so having the C side do it for you would
still work. Anyway, the wrap/unwrap methods could still be available
for special cases but I can't think of a time when automatically doing
it at the start and end of a method would ever limit you.

--
Travis Watkins
http://www.realistanew.com