[compiz] GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE and dual-screens

Dennis Kasprzyk onestone at opencompositing.org
Sat Dec 1 16:38:34 PST 2007

Am Samstag, 1. Dezember 2007 12:10:51 schrieb Xavier Bestel:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running compiz on a r300, dual-screens setup. The r300 driver has a
> GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE = 2048 limit, and it shows: the nautilus backdrop
> window doesn't cover both screens.
>
> Is there a mean to let compiz sort of "split" the nautilus window to
> stay within the 2048 limit on each screen ?

I've posted a patch to this mailing list a while ago ("WARNING ONLY A PROOF OF
CONCEPT: copy texturing to fix maximum texture size restrictions") that was
using copy to texture to fix this problem. But compiz will need some internal
changes to allow an implementation of such system in a clean way.

I'm sorry, but you will have to wait.

Dennis