[compiz] Compiz ignoring changes in gconf in Opensuse 10.2

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Fri Jan 5 09:56:05 PST 2007

On Jan 04, 07 16:12:07 +0000, Mike Dransfield wrote:
> Matthias Hopf wrote:
> > On Dec 30, 06 19:13:05 -0800, Deni Jelicic wrote:
> >
> >> I have recently upgraded to Opensuse 10.2 from 10.1
> >> and all the changes that I am making in gconf have no
> >> effect on compiz. I am running compiz as a window
> >> manager in kde and I have followed the instructions
> >> for running compiz in Opensuse 10.2.
> >>

> > compiz is started with the dbus configuration plugin now when running
> > kde. Unfortunately, right now there doesn't seem to be a configuration
> > utility using dbus :-O
>
> Dbus is NOT a configuration plugin.  It is for IPC, it
> just communicates the value, it doesnt store it.

Well, then the infrastructure is not 100% in place. If you select compiz
as the window manager (and not KWin - yes, you can do that in SL10.2),
compiz is started with the dbus plugin and nothing more.

I don't know whether compiz should be automatically configured
afterwards, or whether a different configuration plugin is to be
developed. That's something one of the KDE developers should probably
comment on.

> Gconf is still needed and is the only option. :)

;-)

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __