[compiz] INTEL_BATCH=1

Hendrik Kaju hendrik at kaju.pri.ee
Thu Jul 5 06:52:38 PDT 2007

Ühel kenal päeval, K, 2007-07-04 kell 13:37, kirjutas Colin Guthrie:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone provide any metrics on how effective this variable is on
> providing speed improvements on Intel systems?
>
> Is it beneficial for all Intel cards or only some?
>
> Is it all FUD? :)
>
> I'm thinking about this from a packagers perspective such that we can
> add support for seamless startup/integration.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Col.

Hi

I have noticed a framerate boost (~700 fps without it and ~1100 fps with
the variable) in glxgears using INTEL_BATCH=1 but no performance gain in
real 3D apps (Enemy Territory, Google Earth). I got these results with a
915GM card in Feisty Fawn.
However in Mandriva One (I don't know the version, it was the first one
with Metisse) I got ~1100 fps regardless whether I had set the var or
not.

--
Hendrik Kaju <hendrik at kaju.pri.ee>