[compiz] Compiz with --use-copy --force-fglrx

Mattias Eriksson snaggen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 12:15:12 PDT 2007

Hi,

I was happy to see the "use copy" and "force fglrx" patches, thanks to them
I was able to get compiz running om my Thinkpad R60 (that has a Mobile
Radeon X1400 card). However I can see some drawing garbage on the screen
sometimes.
The easiest way to reproduce it is to open firefox and point it to
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/compiz/2007-July/thread.html
Then grab the scrollbar at the right with the mouse and scroll upp and down
repeatedly. If I use the arrow keys or pg-up/dn then the drawing garbage
doesn't appear. Also, if I have all this garbage in the firefox window and
klick on the gnome menu so that it opens up over the firefox window the
firefox window seems to be redrawn and corrected.
Since I know nothing of the compiz internals I don't know if this
information is helpful or not... but I hope it is useful to fix these issues
since that would mean that compiz could rock the fglrx powered desktops.

//Mattias, hopes the use-copy will get into mainline....