[compiz] ksmserver and --sm-disable in KDE

Treviño trevi55 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 05:06:11 PDT 2007

Hello, since I'm a KDE user I've found that the "--sm-disable". Doesn't
work properly on KDE.

In fact, also when I manually launch compiz using the "--sm-disable"
flag, on next KDE resart KSMserver (KDE session manager, that in my
system is configured to resume the previous session) tries to relaunch
compiz with the parameters I used on previous session, and this
generally kills my compiz session that is already running (since I run
it setting compiz as my KDEWM).

Maybe I shouldn't say this here, but in beryl I didn't had this :P ...
I've tried to diff the session related stuff, but I can't find any
important change (maybe there's but I've parsed the code changes really
quickly), to understand how this can be fixed...

Bye
Treviño

--
Treviño's Blog - Life and Linux