[compiz] A couple of bugs...

dragoran drago01 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 13:49:13 PST 2007

Hillmann wrote:
> [...]
want to add this one as 4. :
sometimes when I open a window it stays on all viewport but I never
configured it to do so. (the window itself stays on the same viewport;
but the gnome-panel displays it on all viewports). I cannot reproduce it
that easy but when it happens for a app (ex: gnome-terminal) it keeps
being "broken" like this until I restart X (maybe only compiz is
enough). But it happens often enough to be annoying.
here is the output of xwininfo for a gnome-terminal window that behaves
like this:
  Absolute upper-left X:  271
  Absolute upper-left Y:  95
  Relative upper-left X:  271
  Relative upper-left Y:  95
  Width: 737
  Height: 387
  Depth: 32
  Visual Class: TrueColor
  Border width: 0
  Class: InputOutput
  Colormap: 0x4000003 (not installed)
  Bit Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
  Window Gravity State: NorthWestGravity
  Backing Store State: NotUseful
  Save Under State: no
  Map State: IsViewable
  Override Redirect State: no
  Corners:  +271+95  -272+95  -272-542  +271-542
  -geometry 80x24+271+95
I also saved the xprop output to a textfile if you need it I will attach it.