[compiz] 0.4 release

Mike Cook mcook at novell.com
Thu Mar 8 08:36:17 PST 2007

>> Yes, that appears to render fine...  As an update, I tried this update both
>> in SLED10 (with nVidia 9746 and Xgl) and openSUSE10.2 (with nVidia
>> 9746 and their aiglx).  I see the problem with the clipping during switcher
>> zoom animation in SLED10, but I don't see that now in openSUSE (but
>> did previously).  I have two different sized outputs (1600x1200 &
>> 1280x1024) using an nVidia 7300 GS card.  I also verified that it started
>> with the updates around Jan 23- 26, so looks like it may be related to
>> the change to use clipping planes like you suspected.
>
> Yes, it might related to the clipping planes and using two different
> sized outputs. My dual head setup is currently using the same resolution
> on both heads.

I tried this on another openSUSE 10.2 machine with an nVidia Ti4200 card
using their aiglx (9631) and get the same problem on single head when I
split it into 4 small outputs (using --no-detection).  Here's my attempt at
a quick video of the issue that hopefully makes it easier to see what's
happening. The video is just showing the center of the screen where the
four outputs meet so you can see the clipping effect easily.
http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s273/m1kecook/Compiz/?action=view&current=switcher_clip.flv

I also have the drag move rotate clipping problem on this other machine,
and here's a tiny video of the same single head display split into the 4
equal outputs mentioned above.  The video is pretty choppy, but you can
hopefully see the general effect.
http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s273/m1kecook/Compiz/?action=view&current=moverotate_clip.flv

Does anyone using the nVidia driver not have this problem with multiple
outputs?

...MC