[compiz] meta data update

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Mon May 7 17:27:06 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 00:48 +0100, Mike Dransfield wrote:
> David Reveman wrote:
>
> >The switch to the new metadata system is almost complete. All plugins in
> >the fdo repo except plane and ini have been converted. I'll probably go
> >ahead and convert those plugins as well sometime soon unless the
> >original authors of those plugins tells me not to.
> >

> The attached patch should save you the trouble.  I cannot
> commit it at the moment.

Thanks. I've now also updated the plane plugin.

> >The horrible gconf-dump plugin has been removed and replaced by a simple
> >xslt stylesheet. gconf schemas are now generated from the xml meta data
> >files as part of the build process and the stylesheet and a compiz-gconf
> >pkg-config file is installed so a command similar to this:
> >

> I suppose we will need to work out an xslt for the ini plugin,
> but I am not in any hurry at the moment.  I assume everything
> will continue to work because the default values are loaded
> from the metadata, so maybe this would not be needed at all?

Not unless you like to store some default values in a system wide
directory. I would avoid that if possible. You can read the default
values for options at run-time from the meta data objects provided by
each plugin. I remember that you were interested in this earlier.

- David