[compiz] Fragment interface on Intel

Sam Spilsbury smspillaz at gmail.com
Sat May 12 19:33:50 PDT 2007

Hi

It seem that the fragment interface on certain plugins exceeds the
amount of fragment operations possible on Intel GMA cards. This only
occurs with the "water" and "blur" plugins. the plugins activate OK
and do not report a missing GL_ARB_fragment_program in the server
extensions. Waves appear when I use the water plugin with
<Super><Ctrl> but there is no apparant distortion underneath the wave.
offset_scale is set to 5 at the moment. Also, Blur activates fine but
when I put in "Normal" on "Alpha_blur" - Everything slows down to
around 10 fps but there is no blur effect under the alpha.

Is it possible that the amount of fragment operations in the fragment
interface can be reduced so that Intel Cards can handle it? Or is this
a driver issue?