[compiz] state plugin

Mike Dransfield mike at blueroot.co.uk
Fri May 18 02:11:11 PDT 2007

Kresimir Kukulj wrote:
> hi,
>
> I saw that Mike Dransfield tried to port 'state' plugin from beryl.
>
> What does it do? It should be able to place windows, based on name,
> class etc., to specific viewports. I recently converted to compiz window
> manager from WindowMaker (used it for 8 years), and I miss automatic
> 'pinning' of specific windows to particular workspace (or viewport in
> this case).
>
> Mike's old port can be found here:
> http://www.anykeysoftware.co.uk/compiz/plugins/state.tar.gz

I have updated this now and it should work with current git.

> This is a bit old and does not use new plugin system for options
> (metadata). I am tyring to see if it could be tweaked to new plugin
> infrastructure, but it is not trivial (or at least not for me :)).

The whole state plugin is being replaced by the new advanced
window matching as well as the winrules plugin.  Winrules does
not support viewports yet so I have updated this for you.

This plugin will almost certainly be removed at some point.