[compiz] Allow core functions to be activated on hotcorners

Mike Dransfield mike at blueroot.co.uk
Mon May 21 04:21:34 PDT 2007

Sam Spilsbury wrote:
> Recently there was a suggestion that the "Show Desktop" plugin could
> be activated on a hotcorner. I noticed that there is now a core
> interface for this - otherwise known as "Hide all windows and focus
> the desktop." This can be activated with Ctrl-Alt-D. However - it
> cannot be activated with a hotcorner - which could be useful for
> people who do not have a "Hide all windows and Show the desktop" on
> thier panel. I then noticed that none of these options could be
> activated with a hotcorner.
>
> Is it possible to activate core funtions with a hotcorner?

The fix is simple, but it does not work with edge + edgebutton.

I think its related to the same problems as with the other core
actions and edgebuttons.  I would rather that problem is solved
first, then Ill add this if nobody else does.

If you want to enable this functionality yourself then you can
modify metadata/core.xml.in and find the show_desktop option
then change the allowed line to this.

<allowed key="true" button="true" edge="true"/>

Then make clean and make install