[compiz] compLogMessage to a file?

Sam Spilsbury smspillaz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 04:26:44 PST 2007

Hi,

I'm hacking together a python application that tried to detect what
plugins did not load in compiz so that they can be disabled and / or
troubleshooted against by reading the output from Compiz. My problems
are the following

a) Trying to grab the output of Compiz results in a hangup as compiz
does not terminate and therefore the main gtk loop is hung up
b) Querying DBUS and compizconfig results in dbus showing what was in
the compiz plugin path directories, but not what was in the directory
but didn't load.

Is it possible to add a function to write compLogMessages to a file
for use of debug output?

Regards,

Sam.