[compiz] [ANNOUNCE] compiz-0.6.0

Artur Uszyński arus at poczta.onet.pl
Tue Oct 2 14:05:05 PDT 2007

W dniu 2007-10-02 08:44, Danny Baumann pisze:
> Hi,
>
>>   Additionally, a git clone of the source tree:
>>
>>         git clone git://git.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/app/compiz
>>
>>     will include a signed compiz-0.6.0 tag which points to a commit
>> named:
>>         6218259ff6ec71a1eb6e9062646d63794947747e
>>
>>     which can be verified with:
>>         git verify-tag compiz-0.6.0
>>
>>     and can be checked out with a command such as:
>>         git checkout -b build compiz-0.6.0
>
> Unfortunately I noticed	today that release 0.6.0 contains a bad problem
> that allows e.g. desktop windows being stacked over normal windows when
> they are mapped. This results in normal windows and/or panels not being
> visible when compiz is launched with the Gnome or KDE session until the
> desktop window is restacked once (e.g. by clicking on it if the "Raise
> on click" option is enabled).
>
> I will release a 0.6.2 ASAP that fixes that problem, but until then,
> please either apply this commit to the release tarball:
> http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg/app/compiz.git;a=commit;h=b6c6acc70261d0942977441914c23e7a1c99215e
> or continue to use the compiz-0.6 branch.
>
> My apologies for letting this bad mistake slip in the stable release and
> sorry for the inconvenience.

The above fix does not always help (if it helps at all), because the problem (or very similar problem) is caused/revealed by plugin "workarounds". On 28-09-2007 the option "Legacy Fullscreen Support" was enabled by default, and when compiz is started with this option turned on, the desktop window covers all other windows (directly after start and later after clicking on desktop). You can't "fix" the problem by switching "Legacy Fullscreen Support" off if compiz is already started.

Regards.
--
Artur