[compiz] memory leak bug under ubuntu gutsy w/ nvidia

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Fri Oct 19 08:37:13 PDT 2007

hi there,

a number of users of ubuntu gutsy with nvidia cards are experiencing a
serious memory leak under compiz.  This leak essentially renders compiz
unusable for us.  Gutsy ships with a compiz versioned at 0.6.0
+git20071008 , which I imagine isn't that different from the current
compiz, and with the current 100.14.19 nvidia driver running under a
2.6.22 kernel.  I'm just wondering whether any non-ubuntu users are
seeing this same problem, and whether anyone on this list has
suggestions for tracking down the bug source.  At first it seemed that
the bug might be specific to some plugin, but that doesn't seem to be
the case.

The ubuntu bug report is at :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compiz-fusion-plugins-main/+bug/151168

with at least one duplicate at: