[compiz] No Compiz Autostart - SuSE 10.3 no /opt/kde3/share/autostart/compiz.desktop

David C. Rankin J.D. P.E. drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Oct 27 18:51:09 PDT 2007

David C. Rankin J.D. P.E. wrote:
> CyberOrg wrote:
>> On 10/27/07, David C. Rankin J.D. P.E. <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>         Where can I find "/opt/kde3/share/autostart/compiz.desktop" and will
>>> installing it manually fix the autostart problem?
>>>

>> ln -s /usr/share/compiz-manager/Compiz.desktop /opt/kde3/share/autostart/
>>
>> CU
>>
>> -J
>>
> No joy:
>
> [root Rankin-P35a/home/david] # l /usr/share/compiz-manager
> total 8
> drwxr-xr-x   2 root root 4096 2007-10-26 23:34 ./
> drwxr-xr-x 217 root root 4096 2007-10-27 00:02 ../
>
> 1-click only installed the following (which helps explain the autostart
> problem)
>
> [root Rankin-P35a/home/david] # rpm -qa | grep compiz
> compiz-emerald-themes-0.6.0-1.1
> python-compizconfig-0.6.0-1.3
> compiz-fusion-plugins-main-0.6.0-2.1
> compiz-0.6.2-2.1
> compiz-kde-0.6.2-2.1
> compiz-emerald-0.5.2_git070825-1.4
> compizconfig-settings-manager-0.6.0-1.4
> libcompizconfig-0.6.0-1.3
> compiz-fusion-plugins-extra-0.6.0-1.3
>
> I'll go install the manager and report back! Thanks J.

J,

	opensuse has issues with autostart. I installed compiz-manager. Compiz
bombed and would not start. Having been through this before, I checked
for the link:

/usr/lib/libIndirectGL.so.1 -> libIndirectGL.so.1.2

and it was present. Compiz was DOA. Again, I moved libIndirectGL.so.1 to
libIndirectGL.so.1.old and rebooted.

	No autostart. However, fusion-icon restored the beautiful working compiz.

	This is the second time we have been through the  libIndirectGL.so.1
issue. Recall, the first time, I was chastised for messing with the rpm
install. (Note without messing with it, there would be no compiz at all)

	So what next? Is this an issue that needs to be reported? There is no
autostart and the compiz-manager install borks compiz on the Toshiba
P35. What can I do to help get to the bottom of this issue? I'm willing
to got to the mat to help make compiz better. You guys have done
fantastic work, and if I can contribute in some small way, I'll do it!
Let me know.

	Last issue (I should start a new thread), but, I have seen a vista like
side panel for compiz in screenshots, but I don't know what it is call
or where to get it. Any hints?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC