[compiz] compiz autostart with AIGLX

David C. Rankin J.D. P.E. drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Oct 29 07:11:42 PDT 2007

I have a feeling my no autostart problem is related to the following
tests in compiz-manager. Is there a way I can "step" through the script
on openSuSE 10.3 while it is running to find out where the script dies?
Or do I basically have to insert error returns throughout the script to
capture that info?
----
	# if we run under Xgl, we can skip some tests here
if ! check_xgl; then
	# if vesa or vga are in use, do not even try glxinfo (LP#119341)
	if ! running_under_whitelisted_driver || have_blacklisted_pciid; then
		abort_with_fallback_wm
	fi
	# check if we have the required bits to run compiz and if not,
	# fallback
	if ! check_tfp || ! check_npot_texture || ! check_composite || !
check_texture_size; then
		abort_with_fallback_wm
	fi

	if check_nvidia && ! check_nvidia_memory; then
		abort_with_fallback_wm
	fi

	if ! check_fbconfig; then
		abort_with_fallback_wm