[compiz] compiz autostart with AIGLX

CyberOrg jigish.gohil at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 07:23:19 PDT 2007

On 10/29/07, David C. Rankin J.D. P.E. <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
> I have a feeling my no autostart problem is related to the following
> tests in compiz-manager. Is there a way I can "step" through the script
> on openSuSE 10.3 while it is running to find out where the script dies?
> Or do I basically have to insert error returns throughout the script to
> capture that info?

sh -x /path/to/anyscript

compiz-manager is not the only way to autostart compiz, you can put
compiz commands in gnome session or kde's autostart.

Please give a thorough reading to followin and use the method that
works for you:

http://en.opensuse.org/Compiz_Fusion

You can put any of the following commands in autostart
1. compiz --replace ccp&
2. compiz --replace glib gconf&
3. compiz-manager (if you have it installed)
4. fusion-icon&
5. Your own script

http://wiki.compiz-fusion.org/

and google for compiz autostart scripts.

Someone already posted reply to your issue with the script that works
for him, so I do not quite understand what is the confusion.

Cheers

-J

PS: Please do not cross post, it confuses people who use search
engines for solutions and wastes unnecessary bandwidth.