[compiz] Required versions and patches for compiz on AIGLX

Mark Rosenstand mark at borkware.net
Sat Apr 5 06:22:19 PDT 2008

Hi,

I stopped using compiz a while back when some patches didn't apply to an
upgrade I thought was more important than running compiz (IIRC it was
xorg-server) but would like to get it working again.

I'm using vanilla sources of the most recent stable releases of
everything related to xorg/mesa. Compiz is configured with:

--prefix=/usr \
--sysconfdir=/etc \
--disable-static \
--enable-gconf \
--disable-schemas-install \
--enable-librsvg \
--enable-gtk \
--enable-metacity \
--enable-gnome \
--enable-gnome-keybindings \
--disable-kde \
--disable-kde4 \
--disable-kconfig \
--with-default-plugins=core,glib,gconf,dbus,png,svg,video,screenshot,decoration,clone,place,fade,minimize,move,resize,switcher,scale,plane

When I run compiz, nothing happens except the window decorations
disappear. What are the requirements for compiz on AIGLX?