[compiz] compiz-0.7.0-5.1 - Killed compiz-emerald-0.6.9_git071204-1.4

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Feb 8 07:24:47 PST 2008

Listmates,

openSuSE 10.3
ati mobility radeon 9700
ati-fglrxG01-kmp-default-8.45.4_2.6.22.16_0.1-0.2
xorg: http://www.3111skyline.com/download/radeon3D/xorg.conf.no.emerald

	With the update to compiz 0.7.0-5.1, compiz-emerald and emerald-themes
completely stopped working. Compiz will start and you can choose kde
window decorations, but I cannot get emerald to work not matter what.
Not from fusion icon, not from the cli with "emerald --replace &". It is
as if the emerald themes crashed or can't be started, one or the other.

	What can I check or what commands can I enter and post that would help
sort this out? Also, where can I get the previous version of compiz and
emerald so I can roll back to the last working version until this is
sorted out? Thanks!

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC