[compiz] ATI 8.452 driver, Compiz: Frozen Alt+F2 Run Command Dialog

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Jan 27 17:22:56 PST 2008

Listmates,

	I am experiencing some quirks with the new ATI 8.1 (8.452) driver and
compiz-fusion on 10.3. Of note are:

(1)  Invoking the run command with Alt+F2 correctly opens the run
dialog, but the cursor is frozen and will not take any input _until_ the
"Options" button is clicked or activated with Alt+o. Then the cursor
begins blinking normally and input is possible. If the options pane is
closed before a character is input the cursor freezes again and disables
and keyboard input. If any input is made in the command line input field
while the option pane is open, then it may be closed and text input can
continue. I don't even know where do begin on this one. Any thoughts? I
never had this occur with the 8.433 driver, but then again, with the
SONAME bug, the following links  were disabled:

/usr/liblibGL.so -> libGL.so.1
/usr/liblibGL.so.1 -> libGL.so.1.2
/usr/lib/libIndirectGL.so.1 -> libIndirectGL.so.1.2

	So I'm not sure the driver swap, in and of itself, provides a valid
comparison on the issue:

	Second problem and probably related:

(2)  Occasionally, when activating a dialog, the dialog box appears, but
the box is missing the text and control buttons. The is random in
occurrence and relatively infrequent. (twice in the past 2 days).
Generally, closing the dialog and re-invoking it will correct the
problem. Again, I don't have any clue where to start on this one. What
says the brain trust?

P.S.

NOT Cross-posted but posted to both compiz and openSuSE lists because it
is pertinent to both and not everyone subscribes to both. So kindly
curtail the cross-post comments. Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC