[compiz] Dbus Interface

Danny Baumann dannybaumann at web.de
Mon Jun 9 01:52:30 PDT 2008

Hi,

> I was looking into the source code in more detail and debuged the DBUs
> interface a bit and it seems to me that only a few commands of the
> compiz plugin are still "exported" as "actions" in version 0.7.6 of
> compiz.
>
> If I grep the source tree of compiz I find only 7 occurrences if
> "action"
> ./src/option.c:    return "action";
> ./src/metadata.c:    { "action", CompOptionTypeAction },
> ./plugins/svg.c:    { "set", "action", 0, svgSet, NULL }
> ./plugins/scale.c:    { "relayout_slots", "action", 0,
> scaleRelayoutSlots, 0 }
> ./plugins/annotate.c:    { "draw", "action", 0, annoDraw, 0 },
> ./plugins/water.c:    { "point", "action", 0, waterPoint, 0 },
> ./plugins/water.c:    { "line", "action", 0, waterLine, 0 }
>
> If I do the same in version 0.6.2, I found a bit more (125)...
>
> Does that mean that the number of action one can trigger via the DBUS
> Action or has the way certain action are triggered changed a bit?

The old action type had key, button, edge bindings as well as "internal"
actions (not to be triggered by the user) included. This was split to
"key", "button", "edge" and "action" options, which all can be triggered
by dbus. The way they are triggered hasn't changed, only the naming.

> Or, if anybody knows to how to rotate the cube via dbus with 0.7.6,
> that would also very helpful.

Free rotation is not possible over dbus AFAIK, but changing one viewport
only should be possible by triggering the rotate_left_key /
rotate_right_key options in rotate.

BTW, there's a Python helper script for activating Compiz actions over
dbus: http://forum.compiz-fusion.org/showthread.php?t=7359

Regards,

Danny