[compiz] OOo opening maximized- how?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 03:06:58 PST 2008

In Ubuntu 7.04 with KDE, I have problems with OpenOffice.org opening
in an unusual size, with half the application not visible on the
screen. I do not have this problem with other applications. I would
like OpenOffice to open in a maximized state, to prevent this problem.
How does one configure compiz to open OOo in a maximized state? If
it's possible, I would not mind configuring Compiz to open _every_
application window maximized. I tried selecting "Placement Mode ->
Maximized" in "Place Windows" but that did not help with OOo.

Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?