[compiz] No shutdown option in KDE with Compiz-Fusion

Erkin Bahceci erkinbah at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 07:54:49 PDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 5:35 AM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
 > Thanks. I added the lines to /usr/local/bin/startxgl which now
looks like this:
 > #!/bin/sh
 > Xgl -fullscreen :1 -ac -br -accel glx:pbuffer -accel xv:pbuffer &
 > sleep 4
 > export DISPLAY=:1
 >
 > cookie="$(xauth -i nextract - :0 | cut -d ' ' -f 9)"
 > xauth -i add :1 . "$cookie"
 > exec startkde
 >
 > However, I still don't have the buttons. If it is because of XGL, then
 > would I be better off running without XGL? I have the ATI X1400 in
 > this laptop, and I have heard that the proprietary drivers now support
 > Compiz-Fusion without XGL, but the performance is very bad. Does
 > anyone know more about the issue?

 I have an ATI Mobility X300. Catalyst 8.3 + AIGLX gives pretty good
 performance with Compiz. So you should remove Xgl and give the latest
 catalyst a try. That would be the best solution to your problem. And
 enabling Textured2D and TexturedXrender options doesn't make any
 noticable difference here.

 - Erkin