[compiz] What Happened to Compiz in (compiz-0.7.4-11.1)

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu May 8 18:57:42 PDT 2008

Danny Baumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> This isn't a cross post.
>
> It's even worse: It's a repost without reference to your original
> discussion (which is located at
> http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2008-05/msg00519.html).
>
>> 	Wobbly windows seems to have changed in the last release and for the worse. On
>> narrow windows, title bar now expands and contracts big time which has
>> radically changed the look of the effect. If you grab the title bar on the far
>> left or right and move it around a little bit, the corner where you grab will
>> have exaggerated movement compared to the remainder of the title bar. It looks
>> really crazy. Is this a change? Is this a bug? Is there an option that will
>> minimize one end of the title bar moving more than the other?
>
> There were no relevant changes to the wobbly plugin in the last 15
> months. Commits since then only tracked infrastructure changes, and none
> of them touched the actual physics model. That means that the source of
> your problem is most likely outside of the Compiz source.
>
> For the record: Wobbly works just fine here.
>
> Regards,
>
> Danny

Thanks,

	That's all I needed to know. It is probably due to the recent kde updates.

	Secondly -- Kuddos to you guys, compiz gets more fantastic with every update.
On the other list there are occasional quips about some folks not finding
utility in the interface. I don't know how I would live without it at this
point. The smooth fluid elegance of the desktop just helps you flow naturally
from one task to the next. Keep up the great work and I'll continue to not to
do even worse than cross-posting. But you have to admit, this was a developer
question ;-)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC