[compiz] Swap plugin and Compiz 0.8.0

Kristian Lyngstol kristian at bohemians.org
Fri Feb 6 01:51:50 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 01:47:02AM +0100, Guillaume Seguin wrote:
> Le jeudi 05 fév 2009 à 18:29:03 (-0300), Eduardo Gurgel a écrit :
> > It allows you to swap the geometry of two windows. Basically we changed
> > Static Switcher plugin to swap active window with another window.
>
> Well, I think that Swap plugin sure could be added to Compiz, but I don't
> think it's a good idea to include any new code a few hours/days before
> the release, and even more since we entered a code freeze 45 minutes ago.

-> Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 01:47:02AM +0100 <-

Is not Fri, Feb 06 2009 at 23:59GMT. You're off by a day :)

However, as much as I like the purely wm-focused plugins that edgurgle has
been working on, I'm inclined to agree.

Usually the way with brand new plugins is that we have to adjust them abit
to be ready for a release, specially with regards to options and strings.
There also aren't any translations ready, though that might not be as huge
a blocker.

> To be clear : as a pure "management" point of view, Swap might be added to
> Compiz, but not 0.8.0.

I think we could probably sneak this into 0.8.2, though. I don't see a
reason why we can't add plugins that add significant features without
modifying core, in a stable branch. But then it needs to be actively
maintained through 0.8.

I'm already seeing a shopping list for 0.8.2.

- Kristian