[compiz] Skydome suggestion for 9.0 or other future release

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun May 30 22:20:44 PDT 2010

Guys,

	One thing that could be improved with skydome when it is animated is to have it
'centered' behind desktop 1 when you initiate rotation or show the desktop wall,
etc. Many times when you want to take a screenshot, you naturally will want to
have the central feature of your skydome in view. If you have cubecaps, then the
orientation of the cubecaps gets all messed up when you rotate the cube to get
to the center of the skydome.

	The options for 'adjust caps', clamp, etc., just don't really allow you to
accomplish this without causing further scaling/orientation problems for the
caps. (especially if the cap image is circular)

	I finally got to where I would use gimp to flip the cap vertically and then
rotate CCW to have the caps orientated correctly. Centering the skydome behind
desktop 1 sure seems like an easier solution.

	Obviously this is just something to consider. But when your product is based on
coolness -- this is a bit more to throw in top :p

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC