[ConsoleKit] Active VT tracking can fail at startup

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Aug 24 16:32:51 PDT 2010

On Wed, 25.08.10 01:27, Leen Besselink (consolekit at consolejunkie.net) wrote:

> > /dev/tty is the tty of the controlling terminal of the currently
> > running process.  consolekit is daemon, so it shouldn't have a
> > controlling terminal.  It could be that ck is getting started with
> >

> Yes, in Ubuntu, it is started with --no-daemon.
>
> And possible others, because it seems to be the current default for dbus
> in git:
>

>http://cgit.freedesktop.org/ConsoleKit/tree/data/org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.service.in

Note that dbus calls setsid() when forking off processes. That should
ensure that CK has no controlling terminal. However, because Unix is
stupid CK would reacquire one as soon as it opens the first tty without
O_NOCTTY. I wonder if that might have been forgotten somwhere?

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.