[CREATE] Shared resources release (finally)

Craig Bradney cbradney at zip.com.au
Fri Dec 9 15:44:12 PST 2005

On Saturday 10 December 2005 00:08, Jon Phillips wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 00:05 +0300, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Shared resources tarball is uploaded for your pleasure, packaging and
> > reuse:
> >
> > http://create.freedesktop.org/releases/create/create-0.1.3.tar.bz2
> >
> > SCons build system is courtesy of Craig Bradney. Many thanks, MrB ;-)
> >
> > If anyone has a mojo to write a PR, please do so.
> > If anyone has resources to provide a Windows installer, I'll be glad
> > to test and upload.
> > If anyone can point me to a howto cobering creation of GPG signature
> > to sign packages... You know what to do :)
>
> Cool, I'm glad you released this. I wish you would've given a heads up
> to us all for check off...

One would think we haven't been pushing to get some sort of input for well
over a month now, or asking for any assistance with an install system.

However, as noone could be bothered, we did.

I can't say that 0.1.3 is anything spectacular, however, create is so far
simply a collection of organised files moving towards some kind of standard -
in that I think it is an achievement.

Lets keep pushing along and see whats missing from it, what can be improved
and please remember, if we have to make a new version every day for the next
year, it makes no difference to the status of the project - ie, that of
collaboration and an attempt to make all things better for the creative OSS
apps out there.

Craig