[CREATE] erm

Craig Bradney cbradney at zip.com.au
Mon Dec 19 12:51:41 PST 2005

On Monday 19 December 2005 19:22, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On 12/19/05, Jon Phillips wrote:
> > I made that change. Do you think reverting this will fix this?
>
> It won't, but unregistered users will be able to aply changes again.
>
> It looks like the blocklist doesn't work for registered users. I'll
> try to find some time to investigate that.

You need to:
a) disallow postings from unregistered users
b) block bad users for 99999 hours on 1.4.x or infinite if on 1.5.x
c) remove the users permissions manually via SQL in the database
and yes, block lists seems to be failing and I have disabled account creation
on the Scribus wiki until a captcha for mediawiki 1.5.x is written.

oh, and d) if you can, push the mediawiki developers to find a solution to
this, they seem to ignore it quite well.

Craig