[CREATE] shared icons between apps?

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Sat Nov 5 05:36:30 PST 2005

Hello everyone!
Hope this is the right place to turn to.
As you all know there are some icon inconsitencies between the apps
involved in the Create-project. Not just between those who use different
toolkits, but also between those that use the same toolkit.
Currently I find it a bit of a difficulty when working with several
applications (as I do in my normal workflow) as none of the tools I use
have the same icon in the differnt apps, although they have similar
behavior.
Therefore I suggest that it might be nice to share a naming spec between
the apps and to develop a base set of icons with a similar style in case
some icons can't be covered by the spec and lower the amount of drawing
work that is needed.
I would like to do within the Tango-project as you might have heard of
(tango-project.org) as we have a bunch of really good artists on board
that are interested in doing icons for the apps involved in the
create-project.
Oh, yeah, and most of the tango-artists use several of the create-apps,
so the motivator for making some fine looking icons are probably quite high.

We have started some work on a naming spec here:
http://tango-project.org/ArtLibreSet
Anyone interested?
- Andreas