[CREATE] shared resources spec

Michael Schumacher schumaml at gmx.de
Thu Oct 6 03:07:35 PDT 2005

> Von: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de>

> Am 05.10.05, 14:28 -0700 schrieb Jon Phillips:
>
> > On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 15:52 +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
>
> > > 1. Does everyone agree to have "art-supplies" as root directory for
> > > resources? It could be "create" instead, btw. It kinda confuses me
> > > that everyone is silent on this topic :)
>
> Jon: media
> Allan: create
>
> Why not shorten "art-supplies" to "art". It seems clear that no one stores
> art in such an /usr/... or ~/.* directory. It is much related to arts.
>
> In german I would suggest "Malkasten", which can be translated to
> paint-box.
> It is pretty unique there.

I don't know if localizing the name in the directory structure is a good
thing to do - using the same name here with all languages would be better.
Since it isn't directly accessible on neither platform so far (hidden on
unix, hard to get to on windows for users), apps putting stuff there have to
present it in their UI anyway - an there "Malkasten" can be used, for
example.

HTH,
Michael