[CREATE] Release Timetable

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Fri Oct 7 13:17:07 PDT 2005

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Nicu Buculei wrote:

> Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 09:09:27 +0300
> From: Nicu Buculei <nicu at nicubunu.ro>
> To: "create at lists.freedesktop.org" <create at lists.freedesktop.org>
> Subject: Re: [CREATE] Release Timetable
>
> Jon Phillips wrote:
> > Yes, I got interviewed today by Will from Newsforge/OSTG about the
> > Create Project. We agreed that our first public announcement should
> > coincide with the publication of his article on the project.
> >
> > Does that sound good?
> >
> > I posted more details on the roadmap for the project a while ago, so
> > hopefully we can check off the other items before doing the first
> > release. Good?
> >
> > Please check the Roadmap out:
> >
> > http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/index.php/Roadmap
>
> OK
>
> * Logo up for the project: proposals are at
> http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/index.php/Create_Branding, let use
> one of them;

So far the shared thought bubble with Create inside it is the logo I
like best.  It is very simple and straighforward, almost iconic.

I like the combination of the text and graphic and the text seems like it
belongs inside the cloud and having more than one bubble stream gives the
suggestion of shared thought (2 streams as opposed to 3 might be clearer,
what do you think?).

I feel the others dont make quite as strong unified use of both the text
and graphic together and are much more a combination of two seperate but
distintic elements.

- Alan