[CREATE] spec + curves

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 06:51:40 PDT 2005

On 10/6/05, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 06.10.05, 19:27 +0400 schrieb Alexandre Prokoudine:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm re-reading UFRaw manual at the moment and it looks like RGB
> > correction curves could be another subject to shared resources spec,
> > since at least GIMP can also open/save curves. But my knowledge of
> > curve formats is ~0, so any help in this area is highly appreciated.
>
> My answere is here:
> <http://www.oyranos.org/wiki/index.php?title=Standards#Manipulation>

Good for a start, thank you :)

However, you state that "Curves today used by CinePaint, Gimp and
UFRaw are originally propriarity ones delivered with nicon and other
software. People translated them to use in these programs."

I couldn't find any ready curves especially for GIMP in the GIMP's
bundle, neither I managed to apply e.g. Fotogenetic's curves
(http://fotogenetic.dearingfilm.com/downloads.html) to images in GIMP.
I haven't tried Cinepaint for that matter yet. UFRaw works as
expected.

Alexandre