[CREATE] color swatches

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 01:12:17 PDT 2005

Hi,

If you remember, one of intents for writing/implementing 'Shared
resources' spec was to work out several improved uniform "DTP-ready"
file formats ;)

My personal POV is that if so many applications were able to read
GIMP's .gpl files, why shouldn't they have a better common file format
for color swatches in The Better CMYK Future? :) It would be good, if
we collaborated on this new format.

Craig Bradney from Scribus team has published notes about the way
colors are stored in Scribus documents now:

http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/index.php/Swatches_-_colour_file_format

A 'Colour Requirements' document is available in Scribus wiki as well:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Colour_Requirements

sK1's file format is also CMYK ready.

Let's see how much we have in common and whether we can go same way ;)

P.S. Btw, it would be neat if we had one common place to talk like
this one, without CCs.

Alexandre