[CREATE] All users profile instead of common files on Windows?

Jasper van de Gronde th.v.d.gronde at hccnet.nl
Thu Aug 10 02:28:37 PDT 2006

Jon Phillips wrote:
> Cool, I'm curious as well what your interest is in this project and also
> what you would like to do to push it along?

I'm interested in creative software (mostly from a computer science
point of view) and I would love it if applications would share more.
Other than that, this specific topic (where to store which kind of file)
is an old favorite of mine, I once tried making the Program Files
directory read-only on my sister's computer, it's amazing how many
applications store all kinds of files in there (settings, templates and
even temporary files).

> Also, how can I assist you to get where you want to get?

Looking at your roadmap I don't think there is much I could contribute
at this point, but I'm monitoring the mailing list and will probably
visit the site and wiki once in a while.

What might help though is a more concrete list of todo's, or something
similar (the list of bugs/feature requests is awfully empty for
example). I don't really have any specific idea of what I'd like to
improve myself (apart from the directories used), but if it was clear
what other people would like to see done (but aren't able to do
themselves for whatever reason) I might be able to help out in some cases.

In general it would be nice to know more about the level of
participation of the projects mentioned on the wiki and what areas need
more attention (preferrably along with a work breakdown structure of
course).