[CREATE] PRE-ANNOUNCE : LGM 2 MONTREAL MAY 4-5-6

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins at mardigrafe.com
Wed Aug 16 09:55:38 PDT 2006

Bonjour à tous!

G'day everybody!

It is my pleasure to announce that next LGM will take place in Montreal
on MAY 4-5-6.

The event will be hosted by École Polytechnique http://www.polymtl.ca/
from which we get *strong* support.

Although we have made sure this week-end is OK for most of you, I urge
one last time the participating teams to show up very very quickly on
the CREATE list *if* there is a major issue with those dates as to
prevent them to be present. Otherwise, we will consider these dates as
fine and will be pleased to welcome you all in Montreal on the first
week-end of MAY 2007 ! :)

We needed to secure tightly a few things (no preferred order).

1. Availability from our host, École Polytechnique.
2. Room availability from the student residences of the Uni to offer
low-cost "hostel" for a good bunch of people. PLEASE NOTE that I would
appreciate to know how many people would be interested in that service.
The residences (all individual rooms) are located on the campus and we
will be able to negociate a good price when we'll have a fair idea of
the number of people who will sleep there.
3. Availability from the Société des Arts Technologiques (SAT) for an
event still to be finalized and sponsored on the Friday night that would
gather all participants for supper (and beer, of course), with enough
room and to allow lively discussions together! :) Here are the links to
SAT for those interested!
[FR] http://www.sat.qc.ca/sommaire-sat.php3?id_rubrique=67
[EN] http://www.sat.qc.ca/sommaire-sat.php3?id_rubrique=68
4. Find a week-end that would allow most of the participants to be there.
5. Making sure airplane fares would still be as low as possible, before
summertime.

I think we all have that with MAY 4-5-6

Please stay tuned. More info will be posted on the wiki at
http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Thanks to all for helping make LGM Montreal 2007 a great event!

Louis