[CREATE] OpenRaster page

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Wed Aug 16 15:43:16 PDT 2006

> Alexander, how can people get more involved in this effort and where do
> you (and others) see where it can go?

Boudewijn is taking some rest currently, and I have been busy on other part of
krita to make progress on the subject since last thread. But here is the
status:

- during akademy 2006 (KDE's conference) there will be "OpenDocument day"
where people with an interest in it will meet. During this day, Casper Boeman
(one my fellow krita developer) will make a talk about OpenRaster

- my current planning is:
 . September-October from the idea of the OpenRaster draft (
http://create.freedesktop.org/specs/OpenRaster-draft.pdf) write an
implementation of what could/will be OpenRaster
 . November, write a draft of the specification, with the implementation in
krita as a demonstrator
From discution with Øyvind Kolås on irc, the conclusion was we need at least
one implementation to be written and synced with the draft.

So hopefully, by the end of november we will get again something about which
we can talk :)

Until then, I have no idea how to have more people on board, after the draft
is released, it will be a good idea if a *lot* of people start playing with
it to see if it suits the need.

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---