[CREATE] FOSS, Science, and Public activism

proclus at gnu-darwin.org proclus at gnu-darwin.org
Sat Jul 1 09:03:46 PDT 2006

On  1 Jul, Alan Horkan wrote:
> Although your goals
> are laudible, cross posting to many lists without tailoring your message
> to each list does not seem like the best way to get your point across to
> those in the best position to help you or most likely to get involved with
> any campaign.

Thanks.  From the message...

	On cross-posting; when there are matters of urgent importance that
	affect a broad range of subscriber lists, courtesy must sometimes
	take a back seat, and cross-posting is an example of that.
	Cross-posting is to be encouraged when the subject of the post is on
	topic.

I feel that it is urgent to show that apparently divergent projects are
actually converging on the values of freedom and openness, of which
FOSS is a preeminent example.  Freedesktop is a perfect example of
that, but I know think that these ideas should be pushed up into other
arenas, and the post reflects the fact that they are generally
applicable.  Let's pull together.

As an example, have a look at this from our own project ...

In my opinion, Freedesktop developers should feel free to submit
proposals.  There many other examples, and freedesktop is great idea
for pulling them together. If there is anything more that I can do to
help, please let me know.

Regards,
proclus
http://www.gnu-darwin.org/