[CREATE] All users profile instead of common files on Windows?

Jasper van de Gronde th.v.d.gronde at hccnet.nl
Wed Jun 21 01:26:47 PDT 2006

I read "Shared_resources" on the Wiki and saw the proposal to use the
following directories on Windows:
C:\%COMMONFILES%\create and C:\%APPDATA%\create (for local use)

If I understand correctly the idea is to store data files there and not
applications, so why put it in Program Files and not the Application
Data directory of the All Users Profile (%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application
Data on my system, although there might be a better way to find it).

I think using the All Users profile instead of the Program Files\Common
Files directory would better communicate that the directory contains
similar files, only meant for all users instead of just one.