[CREATE] Hello from Audacity

Nicu Buculei nicu at nicubunu.ro
Mon Mar 13 01:57:26 PST 2006

Dominic Mazzoni wrote:

> One reason that Audacity has in the past resisted suggestions that we
> coordinate with other free software projects on things like icons is
> that the large majority of other free software projects seem to be
> Linux-focused.  Along those lines, they tend to create Linux-centric
> UIs, conforming maybe to GNOME or KDE - but they don't work well on the
> Mac or Windows.  Now, Audacity is very popular on Linux, especially
> among our developers - but we take pride in the fact that Audacity looks
> and feels very much like a native application on Windows and Mac OS X.
> To be specific, the icons and stuff that work on Linux just don't work
> on the Mac or on Windows XP.

Inkscape and Gimp are already running on Linux, Windows and Mac, Scribus
is on Linux and Mac with a Windows port under way, probably Krita will
take the same path along with KOffice at some point, so i think is
possible to find some common ground.
Also, think about the possibility to use Create as a place to
collaborate with other developers of audio (and maybe video) FOSS
applications.

--
nicu